Saturday 4 August 2007

The Week Ahead

Not sure why, but I thought I'd give this ago... (not that I've ever had any good experiences with organization or planning, but what the hey!)

Monday
(Or as those crazy Italians originally called it: "Moons day" - crazy cats!)

The Big Interview! (crowd goes 'OOoh')
And so the week begins, but what's in store for out caped crusader?
Monday brings me a final interview with SH/GEM Marketing and by the end of the day I should know whether I've got the job or not. Apparently they tell you there and then on the spot so it should be an interesting day. Hopefully I'll start the week with employment, but, if not then I'll probably get over it...

UK Gold: 11pm - 1am Prison Break (double whammy)
OK, OK, I get it. I'm slow, and should have listened to everyone when they said "It's great" but I'm way behind everyone and yo'all gotta accept it and move on! Not far into this season (2) and so far we've seen more double crosses than Jack Bauer has when playing Guess Who? We've also had Tweener R.I.P, Abruzzi R.I.P and Veronica (bye love!) get gunned down and poor T-Bag - OK, the guys a fruit loop, but he's got more screen presence than Darth Vader dressed as Santa Clause - has had his hand chopped off... Ow!

Tuesday
(or as our German alies used to refer to it as: Tyr's Day - because they're all big Tyr'a Banks fans!)

Well, I was supposed to have my other interview on this day but it seems that GEM and SH Marketing are some strange 'swinging' sales and market company. So they just asked which was closest and I'm to attend that one (Why didn't I say Newcastle! The one with the hot interview - I'm so...erm, strong minded?)

What's on the box, fox?
Nowt. Tuesday gets the "worst day for TV" award

Wednesday
(as usual, we didn't listen to those crazy guys with pointy hats - Vikings - who said we should call it Odin's Day - ha, thank Thor!)


Well, there is a TV conundrum on Wed-night. On the one hand we have Bad Boys II (ch. five at 9pm) which is great for shits and giggles. But on the other hand we have the (another example of my slowness, really, how do I put my pants on in the morning...? I don't!) brilliant Heroes (9pm Beeb2 - and then the next episode straight after on Beeb3) which I've, also, only began to watch. I think I'll listen to all you crazy folks with pointed hats and watch Heroes as I must have seen BB2 a good 3 or 4 times!


BBC2: 9pm - 10pm, BBC3 10pm - 11pm Heroes (double dragon punch!)
Heroes, only 4 episodes in, has gotten better with age. It started off... Ok. It was a little scattered and a little confusing. They, perhaps, introduced us to too much in too shorter time. But it's getting better. Although there seems to be a lot of originality in this series, it's based on a very clichéd context; people discover they have powers, unite and save the world - I'm presuming. Of course, the interesting bits are the bits in between, y'know; characters find themself, overcome impossible obstacles, find meaning to their life, find love, change destiny... And so on. What I think Heroes does well is who it has distributed the powers to; for example, the brother who always feels inadequate to his older brother, always wanting what he has, gains the ability to use other peoples abilities, when he's around them; Nikki, single Mum struggling to make ends meet, seems to have split herself into 2 personalties, adding new meaning to the phrase being in two places at once.

Thursday
(We all know this one, right? That's correct, folks - Thor's Day! The Sun would be proud!)

OK, Thursday is great for one simple reason: House.

Channel Five: 9pm - 10pm House MD. (Comedy and Drama at.its.finest.)
There's a little part of me that niggles away at this series (just a little one) and it's, in the grand scheme of things, that nothing much really happens. You could probably watch the House episodes in any order and you'd pretty much get the jist of things, now, do that with Lost and you're getting nowhere fast. However, I love this show. There's no other word for it. I truly love it... I'm particularly loving the House - forcing - Wilson - to - get - it - on - with - the - wrongly?! - sexy - Cuddy (aka Lisa Eistien yes/no?) storyline. It's so clear that House wants Cuddy, even if it's just a fling. I would say that the finale (coming up soon, noooo!) will involve them two having a moment, or two!

Oh, and Cameron!! *Swoons*


Friday
(Frey's Day... Who?)

Again, not a good day for TV. Although we're hoping to have a night out (maybe a celebration on my new [JOB!] position!?? Hint hint) To be updated, if at all.

No comments: