Sunday 22 July 2007

Quickie: Transformers - Movie Review

A film in disguise!
(Unless I totally love a film, expect reviews to be about this long)

I have a few gripes with this film. Firstly, the acting - terrible! No chemistry at all - especially between the two lead characters, Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) and Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf), argh, horrible.
Graphically it was amazing, but it was so badly used it was unbelievable - apart from some slow motion shots where you could actually see the detail and care that had gone into the special effects and the fantastic Optimus Prime transforming moments (and the transforming in general) they were really difficult to make out (I saw it at the flicks, not on some pirate by the way :P) whenever there was a battle, it just turned into a mesh of 'robot' where you couldn't distinguish between who and what was fighting - realistic, yeah. Entertaining, not for me...

On a nicer note, it did have some genuinely funny moments, however that took away a lot of the emotion that could have been used. I didn't feel sorry for anyone, nor did I feel like they were afraid it seemed like a joke to them... Maybe that's what they were going for when they wrote it but I believe had they tried to involved the audience emotionally it would have worked a lot better.

Apart from that the best thing in this film is Megan Fox and that's only because she was the least worse thing on show (and looked very, very attractive...)

For all you transformer hardcore fans, you will love it no doubt. My mate couldn't stop harping on about it after but it just didn't do it for me.

On a positive note, I did get to see that awesome trailer for JJ Abrams' new film. It was the best thing about this movie

It gets a very lenient 2/5 from me. (Thanks to Megan Fox - although she can't act for toffee, bless her...)


Please don't make a sequel

2 out of 5

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket






Thank you!!
What can I say, I'm a guy!!


R.U

No comments: