Monday 17 September 2007

Update' eth the blog' eth (Employment)

Employment!
I gots a job!

Funnily enough I had 2 job offers on the same day (what is it they say about buses...?)

Anyway, I begin on the 1st of October: I'm Admin assistant @ HM Revenue and Customs (they deal with taxes, child benefit - it'll be mostly data entry and answer the phones I guess.) It's only 20 hours a week, Monday til Friday (4pm - 8pm) But it's 500 squiddles a month. It's only a 6 month contract but it's enough for me to get by, and with us selling the house soon (we've put a down payment on a rental, just waiting for it all to go through) I'll have a bit of money in my back pocket to go traveling when my contracts up

Oh, the other job which I declined was office work, too. Though that was 9 til 5:30 and included making cups of tea. Mother advised me to go with the HMRC one as she said they're a pretty big business and could provide me with more business contacts

No comments: