Tuesday 2 October 2007

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs

2 days in. It's been a bit 'grueling'; not done any 'work' as of yet. Just been talked at about dress code, fire safety procedures, contracts, filling out forms, what's expected of me, what we're allowed to do (ONLY access tax records for those we need to access for work related tasks) and not (anything else).

It sounds doom-and-gloom for some part, but it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere. And the people there seem to be a good bunch of people; everyone is there for different reasons, but we're all there to do a job.

Training officially begins tomorrow, and will last until Wednesday/Thursday of next week. During that time we'll be shown how to do our job. I'm hopeful that'll I'll perhaps take to it easier than many others, with my previous experience in I.T, databases and multi-tasking on-screen programs.

Oh, and I made a friend today too! Her name is Rachael and of all the things we have in common it's Counter Strike: Source. From the sounds of it she may of even been more hardcore than me!!

The real crack starts tomorrow though!

R. U

No comments: